Search This Blog

To adblock users

Hello! If you see this, you are most likely using an ad blocker. (Or maybe you have JavaScript disabled. Or maybe my web server is down.) I have no problem with ad blockers; in fact I use one myself. If a site tries to deny me access unless I disable it, I just find a way to circumvent that. But if a site politely asks me to do so, but still allows access to the site, I disable it for the site. I am asking you to please do the same for this site. I can't make you, but I would appreciate it. Thank you! :-)

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Eval.c mod for dc

Have you ever heard of dc? No, not Washington, DC! I'm talking about the RPN (reverse Polish notation) based calculator program for UNIX. It's open source, so therefore you can mod it. Well, I added a little extra feature into it: a clear-screen function. Whenever you type j as a command, it will clear the screen!


Download it at: http://www.paste-it.net/505/c

To use this mod, replace the contents of dc/eval.c in your bc (another calculator program that dc comes with) source directory with that code. Oh, and then recompile and move the new copy of dc created to your /usr/bin directory.

No comments: